The Montessori online training I completed with Montessori Consulting is the most comprehensive and informative dementia specific training I’ve completed in over 3 decades of nursing. This training should be compulsory for all staff working in the aged care environment including Facility Managers, Care Managers, Registered Nurses and care staff.
The Montessori for Ageing and Dementia course is one of the most powerful courses available. This training has opened my eyes to how care should be , watching the residents life being changed by giving them choice, dignity, and a real sense of purpose. There is no better way to care than the Montessori way and no one better to lead the way than the Montessori Consulting team. This course is like the book you can’t put down. Leaves you wanting more.
Montessori for Dementia and Ageing is relevant to those who care for older adults and people living with dementia, whether in the community, day respite or care communities, including professional carers, volunteers and care partners.
“Joy, feeling one’s own value, being appreciated and loved by others, feeling useful and capable of production are all factors of enormous value for the human soul.”
Two options are available to start making Montessori YOUR difference, by changing the lives of older people, especially those living with dementia.
Introduction to Montessori for Dementia and Ageing $80
The Montessori Approach is a culture of care which focusses on identifying and retaining strengths and abilities enabling people to be the best they can be.
The Introduction to Montessori for Dementia and Ageing course is relevant to those who care for older adults and people living with dementia. This can be in the community, day respite or care communities, including professional team members, volunteers and care partners. It is an ideal orientation/induction tool for organisations who are making Montessori their difference.
This course will provide you with an introduction to Montessori and the prepared environment. For those wishing to gain a depth of knowledge there is the option to progress to the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Course. This knowledge can be applied and fomalised to become an AMI Montessori for Dementia and Aging Certified Practitioner.
AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Course $499
The AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Course is the theoretical component of the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Aging Certified Practitioner qualification. Once successfully completed, you may enroll to complete assessment tasks to become an AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Certified Practitioner
The Montessori approach seeks to establish a ‘culture of care’ which will enhance quality of life.
- Learn the history of Montessori and the translation of the principles to dementia and ageing
- Recognise the importance of each person’s story including their strengths, skills, needs and abilities
- Know the connection between the environment and responsive behaviours
- Understand the importance of meaningful engagement and maintenance of skills
- A knowledge of how to prepare the environment to enable people to achieve their full potential
AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Certified Practitioner $300
You will already have completed the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Course which is a prerequisite to progress to AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Certified Practitioner. This in-depth course enables you to implement roles and activities and create a prepared environment for older adults using Montessori principles. You can serve as a role model and leader in your community and help to establish Montessori programming. You will not be qualified to serve as a trainer.
The certified practitioner program consists of a range of assignments which will demonstrate the students ability to apply the knowledge required to develop and implement a Montessori prepared environment.
The requirements are:
- Completion and submission of assignments within 6 months of completing the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Course.
- Completion of two case studies for people living with dementia using the required forms. Take photos or scan any relevant templates, materials, cue cards, and signage that were used to create activities and roles for the two people with whom you are undertaking case studies. Provide video evidence of adherence to Montessori principles.
- Lessons learned reflection.
- Third party/supervisor’s report.
- Submit all assignment tasks and evidence electronically as directed in the assignments file.
Certified Practitioner Level includes:
- Access to a range of modules until assignments are submitted.
- Online support if required (additional fee)
- AMI Certified Practitioner certificate Certificate issued on successful completion of assignment tasks.
- Understand the history of Montessori and the translation of the principles to dementia and ageing.
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of each person’s story including their strengths, skills, needs and abilities through completion of two case studies.
- Know the connection between the environment and responsive behaviour.
- Apply the principles of Montessori for Dementia and Ageing to prepare the environment t to enable people to achieve their full potential.
- Understand the importance of observation and evaluation in meaningful engagement and the prepared environment
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to achieve AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Certified Practitioner.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
PO Box 3053